If you’re looking for a Keap alternative, there are several great options available. Keap is good CRM software but it can be expensive, and it’s not always the best fit for every business.
If you want to save money on CRM software, it’s a good idea to take the time to compare all your options.This article will start by going over Keap, including some convincing reasons to switch from Keap to another CRM.Then we’ll dive into our awesome Keap alternatives, touching on features, pros and cons, and pricing for each software.
We have five great Keap alternatives for small business owners to consider:
Let’s see which CRM offers what.
What is Keap (Infusionsoft)?
Keap (fka Infusionsoft) is a marketing, sales, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software specializing in automation. Founded in 2001, the software offers a variety of features like email marketing, appointment scheduling, sales pipelines, CRM, and analytics and reporting.
Since we’re focusing on Keap as a CRM today, here are the features of its CRM:
- Automated data collection: Keap’s internal CRM forms use automation so you can add more leads to your ever-growing list quickly and without effort.
- Email templates: Select from various Keap email templates and then add personalization, so your emails connect with your various audience segments.
- History tracking: A complete communications log within Keap’s CRM displays information like past emails, conversations, quotes, payments, and meetings with leads and customers alike.
- Documents searching: Quickly search for documents like proposals, contracts, images, and files and send them to relevant parties.
- Complete lead profiles: Fill in all the relevant details on your leads and customers, including their birthday, home or business address, social media handles, email address, phone number, and more.
- Email automation: To augment Keap’s email templates, you can select from various pre-written emails and then automate email sending.
- Integrations: Keap integrates with many other marketing and sales software solutions, including Outlook, Zapier, AppointmentCore, Gmail, WooCommerce, Shopify, Microsoft Excel, and Xero.
Why Start Looking for Keap Alternatives?
Keap certainly sounds like a suitable CRM, and for medium and larger businesses, it is.
But startups and small businesses might not find the platform tailored to their needs. Here are some reasons to consider looking outside of Keap for your small business CRM needs.
Expensive Pricing Plans
Although Keap’s CRM is comprehensive, it comes at a high cost.
They offer three pricing plans: the Lite plan starting at $79 a month, the Pro plan starting at $169 a month, or the Max plan for $249 a month.
For a small business, Keap’s pricing is already too much — especially the Max plan.
Yet paying for lesser plans means skipping on critical features you might need.
Each of Keap’s plans starts with only 500 contacts, which means as you add more contacts, you’re going to spend even more for Keap CRM. On top of that, you only get one user per pricing plan.
You need a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software that can help you scale operations, and Keap isn’t it.
Email Templates are Lacking
Keap’s email templates make sending emails quick and convenient. You can even use pre-written emails, so all your efforts are hands-off.
Yet some users have complained that Keap’s email templates are unattractive, even downright ugly.
This is something that will come down to personal preference, of course, but enough users have mentioned it that we felt like we had to as well.
It’s no secret that leads, and customers appreciate a visually appealing email.
This article from Campaign Monitor found that engagement increases by an amazing 650% with visuals, but they have to be nice visuals.
Stock photos, Campaign Monitor found, don’t always hit the mark.
Ugly email templates won’t either.
If you look through Keap’s range of email templates and the templates look bad to you — imagine how your leads might feel. They would not want to open or look at your emails, which is terrible for your business.
Data Presentation Leaves Something to Be Desired
Poor email templates aside, Keap’s data presentation isn’t great either, according to many users.
It’s not that the data Keap collects is inaccurate. Instead, the way that data is displayed can be a bit confusing. You might have to do more math to make sense of some of the numbers, which defeats the purpose of using automation.
Your CRM is supposed to save you time, not make you work harder at understanding your business.
Our Top 5 Keap Alternatives
That’s why we’ve combed through the internet, tested out various CRM features, and done the homework for you — so you don’t have to.
Here are five of the best Keap alternatives — better and more affordable in many ways!
Our first on this list of Keap alternatives is EngageBay.
Founded in 2017 as the most affordable sales and marketing software solution, EngageBay has four products. You can use any of the ‘Bays’ or just go for the all-in-one package.
These are the Marketing Bay, CRM & Sales Bay, Service Bay, and the All-in-One-Suite.
EngageBay’s CRM as part of the CRM & Sales Bay is always free and includes:
- CRM Telephony: Create more context with every phone call using EngageBay’s CRM Telephony. You can even integrate your favorite sales tools with the in-CRM telephony to take your phone calls further.
- Lead scoring: Determine which of your sales and marketing leads are the most qualified with lead scoring as part of EngageBay’s CRM.
- CRM email integration: Copies of all the emails are stored within EngageBay’s CRM for your records. This helps you create a comprehensive customer data log.
- Automation: Use EngageBay’s CRM to automate more of your everyday processes, including appointment scheduling, email sending, and task management. You’ll enjoy the time saved!
- Reporting: The depth of information in EngageBay’s CRM reports rivals what you’d find in Keap. You can create deal reports, growth graphs, and more using EngageBay. Customize your reports easily with any metrics you like apart from the default ones.
Learn more about EngageBay’s CRM here:
Who is it For?
For small businesses and startups or even mid-sized companies (with a finite budget), EngageBay’s CRM is the way to go.
|EngageBay’s CRM is always free.||EngageBay does not offer a huge library of native integrations yet, but the Zapier integration makes up for it to some extent.|
|With EngageBay, you get sales, marketing, service, and CRM features in one affordable platform.|
|EngageBay’s monthly prices are lower than Keap’s by a good margin.|
|EngageBay lets you add up to 30,000 contacts at very little cost, helping you scale quickly and affordably.|
EngageBay’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is free forever. You get four plans: Free, Basic, Growth, and Pro.
- Free ($0): 1,000 branded emails, 500 contacts
- Basic ($14.99): 3,000 branded emails, 1,000 contacts
- Growth ($49.99): 25,000 branded emails, 10,000 contacts
- Pro ($99.99): 50,000 branded emails, unlimited contacts
Since 2006, the inbound marketing, service, and sales platform HubSpot has inspired growth in 100,000+ businesses.
Their HubSpot Academy has certified 330,000 professionals, their marketing automation platform is available in more than six languages, and the HubSpot App Marketplace features more than 650 integration options.
- With live chat, you can engage with your customers in another meaningful way.
- Prospect tracking lets your sales team understand and leverage a lead’s process through your small business sales funnel.
- Use auto meeting scheduling so the appointments process is more seamless and takes less time on both ends.
- Once your emails go out to a sales lead’s inbox, you can track the email’s success from beginning to end.
- HubSpot even notifies you when the lead or customer opens an email.
- You’ll appreciate HubSpot’s contact management for marketers, which tracks leads and customers.
- Even their reporting dashboard is surprisingly intuitive for a CRM software that costs you $0 per month.
Who is it For?
For startups and small businesses who only need a CRM and can’t afford to spend much if any money on other software, HubSpot CRM software will fill in the gap nicely.
It’s their only free tool, though!
|For $0, HubSpot’s CRM is quite impressive.||Besides its free CRM, Hubspot’s services are assuredly too pricey for startups and small businesses. Their onboarding fee alone costs a whopping $12,000!|
|HubSpot includes features for business owners, operations managers, customer service teams, marketers, salespeople, and sales leaders in their free CRM software.||As your company grows, you might find HubSpot’s CRM limiting. That would mean switching to a paid service.|
|Team email lets your various teams stay connected to continue engaging with and nurturing the leads or customers that need it most.|
|Live chat and chatbots take the pressure off your customer service and sales teams.|
HubSpot’s CRM is $0, but if you want to use their other services, those plans include:
- Starter ($45): 1,000 contacts
- Professional ($1,600): 2,000 contacts
- Enterprise ($5,000): 10,000 contacts
The customer experience automation service known as ActiveCampaign is another excellent Keap alternative.
Founded in 2003, ActiveCampaign’s software includes CRM, sales automation, marketing automation, email marketing, and customer support.
- ActiveCampaign lets you use all your favorite CRM features on the go with their Deals CRM app, which you can download for free.
- In the app, you can update active deals, call leads or customers, make new tasks, and complete current tasks.
- Sync up ActiveCampaign’s CRM with your other sales and marketing tools, as the marketing automation software has hundreds of integrations. These include Outlook, Gmail, Zendesk, Calendly, Unbounce, and Facebook.
Who is it For?
ActiveCampaign’s mobile features will undoubtedly come in handy for small business owners who travel a lot.
|ActiveCampaign’s sales CRM includes automation for scheduling meetings, closing deals, sending emails, and more.||ActiveCampaign’s Deal CRM app is only available for iOS.|
|The ActiveCampaign Deal CRM app lets you work wherever your job happens to take you.||ActiveCampaign offers no free plans.|
|ActiveCampaign color-codes their CRM dashboard so you can see at a glance whether you added a note, logged a phone call, or had a meeting with a client.||Their CRM is more sales-oriented and may not be tailor-made for marketers.|
|ActiveCampaign will first segment then score your leads, so only the most qualified ones get through.|
ActiveCampaign has four plans: Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise.
Each plan starts with 500 contacts and can have up to 100,000 contacts.
For 500 contacts, here is the pricing for each of the four plans:
- Lite – $9
- Plus – $49
- Professional – $149
- Enterprise – Custom-priced
Freshworks–formerly known as Freshsales–specializes in CRM.
This CRM software is AI-driven, using a smart mascot dog named Freddy to guide you through your tasks.
You also get sales and marketing CRM features.
- For instance, with contact management, you can track all your active leads and customers at any one time.
- Salespeople will often use the deal management feature in Freshworks’ CRM, as it includes Pipeline Management 2.0.
- This visual pipeline with AI can create revenue projections, suggest new means of lead engagement, and track the performance of each deal.
- Freshworks helps marketers with their email campaigns in many ways.
- You can make and personalize emails using drag and drop features, mobile-optimize your emails, schedule communications, and review email success with detailed analytics.
- Another standout feature in Freshworks’ CRM is the Configure, Price, Quote, or CPQ feature.
- This automation add-on lets you produce contracts, onboarding docs, quotes, and invoices that are free of human error.
Who is it For?
For companies with sales and marketing teams that demand a CRM that works for both, the intersecting features of Freshworks’ CRM should be a good fit.
|Freshworks uses AI with automation for easy and accurate sales and marketing functions.||Freshworks doesn’t offer a free plan.|
|Build chat campaigns and email campaigns in addition to Freshworks’ marketing campaign management.||Beyond the Growth plan, some of Freshworks’ plans might be too expensive for small businesses.|
|With customer journeys, understanding and connecting with your customers through Freshworks builds better professional bonds.|
|Freshworks’ Marketplace includes tons of integrations, including BigCommerce CRM, WooCommerce, Mailchimp, HubSpot, and Asana.|
Freshworks offers four plans: Free, Growth, Pro, and Enterprise.
Here’s the pricing for each:
- Free: $0/month
- Pro: $69/month
- Enterprise: $125/month
The last of our Keap alternatives is Pipedrive, a sales CRM solution.
Pipedrive is mobile-friendly with an app for iOS and Android users.
- Create an entire sales pipeline in Pipedrive, then add new deals or custom fields, as many as you want.
- As your pipeline becomes data-rich, Pipedrive generates visuals that outline the entire sales cycle.
- You can customize your sales pipeline to suit your business better. You may also filter pipeline data per team or sales rep.
- Build a contact timeline through your current contacts or those you import from other CRM software options like Keap.
- You even get email features in Pipedrive’s CRM, such as email syncing, group emails, email templates, and open rate and click-through rate tracking.
- Pipedrive’s reports and insights are customizable and include details on your leads, sales activities, revenue, and deals.
Who is it For?
For small businesses or startups with a growing sales team that need to streamline tasks and better understand the customer journey, Pipedrive is the answer.
|Schedule phone calls, record calls, and auto-book meetings through Pipedrive to save more time.||If you’re looking for a complete marketing and sales CRM, Pipedrive is much more the latter than the former.|
|Pipedrive’s encryption, two-factor authentication, and security certificates make it a very safe CRM.||Pipedrive has no free plans.|
|Although it’s mostly a sales CRM, you do get a few marketing features as well.||Beyond the Essential plan, the monthly pricing may be high for startups and small businesses.|
|Pipedrive includes automation within its CRM for saving time and effort.|
Pipedrive offers four pricing plans: Essential for $12.50, Advanced for $24.50, Professional for $49.50, and Enterprise for $99.
You can also pay for a Leadbooster add-on for $32.50, which is a one-time fee.
Which Keap Alternative Should You Choose?
Now that you’re familiar with some great Keap alternatives, which one is right for your small business or startup?